Waxing Wednesday Fact!
October 29, 2014 § Leave a comment
The following factors are known to make those that are waxed more prone to “skin lifting,” where the top layer of skin is torn away during waxing treatment.
- Taking blood-thinning medications
- Taking drugs for autoimmune diseases, including lupus
- Taking prednisone or steroids
- Psoriasis, eczema or other chronic skin diseases
- Recent sunburn
- Recent cosmetic or reconstructive surgery
- Recent laser skin treatment
- Severe varicose leg veins
- Rosacea or very sensitive skin
- History of fever blisters or cold sores (waxing can cause a flare-up)
Recent surgical peel, microdermabrasion or chemical peel using glycolic, alpha hydroxy, or salicylic acid, or other acid-based products
If you have or done any of these that are listed above I would recommend talking to your Esthetician before getting any waxing done.